- Everything great in history has arisen from silence … even great noise.
- Beethoven and Mozart closed themselves off from the world and inhabited silent rooms for days at a time in order to hear things that no one else could hear – sounds so glorious that they themselves would never hear in the midst of the world, and yet sounds that the world would never know if Beethoven and Mozart had not befriended silence.
- USA Today conducted a survey in which people were asked to name the ten things they feared the most.
- The most feared was death, and then flying.
- After flying … silence – followed closely by public speaking, dogs, snakes, and spiders.
- Why do we fear silence?
- Why do we avoid silence?
Just wondering today?